Sunday, March 16, 2008
Tibetan Goji juice, the anti-aging secret of our time
Berries, Lycium barbarum
Goji berry plant
Himalayan Tibetan Goji Juice-The Best Kept Anti-Aging Secret Of Our Time
By Willie Jones
Tibetan Goji Juice is finally gaining in popularity and it is about time. Thanks to the clinical trials being done in China, Japan, Mongolia and Switzerland, we are getting the much needed information (that the ancients knew) on this wonderful berry.
The most famous story in regards to Goji Juice (also known as Lycium Barbarum) and its benefits, come from China where according to their records, Li Chung Yun, a renowned Chinese scholar and herbalist, was born in 1677. According to the London Times, May 8th 1933, reported that professor Yun had died at the age of 256.
We may never have known about this remarkable man except for the fact that he became a professor to teach people about herbs and longevity. Those who were close to him stated that he looked like he was about fifty years old when he died (with all his teeth, no gray or white hair and a healthy ruddy complexion).
Professor Yun apparently ate on a daily basis, Lycium soup and herbs. He was reported to be a vegetarian and ate very little meat in his life time.
It is possible that there have been many more individuals that have lived exceptionally long lives but due to the isolated areas they lived, we may never really know.
With modern technology we can now analyze the make up and components and health benefits of goji berries (also known as wolfberries).
Here are some facts about this marvelous fruit:
- They contain 19 amino acids including the 8 essential amino acids.
- They have 21 trace minerals including zinc, calcium, germanium, selenium and phosphorus
- B vitamins
- Has more Beta-carotene than carrots (which converts to vitamin A) and has a complete spectrum of antioxidants.
- Has vitamin E which is almost unheard of in fruits
- Has 500 times more Vitamin C by weight than oranges
- It contains the anti-inflammatory agent beta-sitosterol which lowers cholesterol and takes care of sexual health
- They have essential fatty acids such as omega 6 and linoleic acid that regulate hormones
- Has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties
Tibetan Goji Juice has been traditionally used to alleviate the following conditions:
-To strengthen the heart and alleviate heart palpitations
-fights insomnia and forgetfulness
- contains polysaccharides which control the pituitary glands that produce HGH (human growth hormone) which is a powerful anti-aging hormone
- Can be used by pregnant women to alleviate morning sickness.
- Has in clinical trials shown a partial reversal in sexual dysfunction in seniors
- Used to boost the function of the immune system
- Has some anti-cancer properties and has been successfully used to treat hepatitis-B
- Has been used successfully for weight loss
- Helps the body detox, cleans the blood and build the immune system.
There is a story passed down over the ages of the Tang Dynasty 800 AD, where a well was dug near a wall that had the wolfberry vines growing over it. Over time the berries falling in the well water was being consumed by Buddhist Monks and passing pilgrims. It was noted that the monks living well into their 80s, still had a youthfulness about them. They had all their hair, (no graying) and all their teeth intact. Word spread about the monks and wonderful berries and vines were being cut down and replanted in other regions so others may enjoy the health benefits.
Himalayan goji berries and Chinese goji berries are equally effective when it comes to health but there is a difference in taste. The Chinese berries are smaller and a little bitter tasting. The Himalayan berries are larger, plumper and sweeter tasting.
Either way, this marvelous little fruit with its health and anti-aging benefits, along with exercise, more of a vegetarian diet including fresh herbs, lots of water and fresh air, might very well be your fountain of youth!
Willie is a freelance writer and researcher whose own health problems prompted her to take responsibility for gaining as much information on health as possible and to share that knowledge with others. She is co-owner of http://www.cleanbodydetox.com a site that focuses on health and detox through ionic foot baths.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Willie_Jones